The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its regular board meeting on Aug. 9, 2018.
Among the actions taken by the board during its regular meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the special meeting on June 27, 2018, and the regular meeting on July 9, 2018,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds in the amount of $39,448.88,
• Approved a resolution to authorize attendance at OSBA Capital Conference, Nov. 11-13, in Columbus, Ohio,
• Accepted the resignations of Eddie Davis (Aide PA), Cameron Duncan (Preschool Aide), Zach Evans (ED Aide), Jesseka Willett (Preschool Teacher), Brett Wilson (Aide PA), and Kim Smith (School Psychologist),
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees for 2018-19, including teachers Melissa Adams, Mary Baughman, Michelle Bentley, Amanda Blau, Samantha Bohlen, Andrew Bugg, Mitchell Burton, Sara Campbell, Jane Caudill, James Coburn, John Craig, Fred Doss, Vicki Floyd, Kaitlin Fulk, Beth Ingels, Sean Ison, Lynnsey Kilgore, Emily Kingery, Diana Maple, Laura Maple, Karen Mauk, Andrea McClellan, Debbie Moore, Pamela Murphy, Susan Opper, Deanna Pennington, Amanda Phillips, Hannah Price, Sharon Redoutey, Donna Rickets, Julia Runyon, Donna Russell, Anita Samusson, James Savage, Juan Shipley, Susan Shupert, Janice Taylor, William Tipton, Marcia Tolliver, Gail Vankirk, Lori Veach, Zanita Watts, Jeana Webb, and Paula Williams, and teacher aides Elizabeth Adams, Melissa Adams, Amber Adams, Andrea Bailey, Mary Baughman, Pamela Bayless, Amy Beckett, Shelia Blevins, Kendra Caldwell, Jennifer Carver, Elizabeth Cotton, Sara DeAtley, Sue Fulk, Jamie Gambill, Sara Gleim, Brittany Gray, Vickie Hall, Jamie Hensley, Stacy Henson, Myla Henthorn, Jill Hineman, Sean Ison, Savannah Jackson, Polly Kennison, Michelle Liddle, Judy Mays, Rebecca Meeker, Destinie Munyon, Melanie Parlin, Anita Parlin, Denise Rachford, Melodee Ruby, Jayne Sherrett, Alyssa Sparks, Bryan Stevens, Amanda Throckmorton, Justin Vetter, Tina Watts, Zanita Watts, Thonda Waughtel, and Eva Wolery,
• Approved a resolution to employ for the FY 19 Aspire Program, including William Seaman (Director) and Paula Baumgardner (Teacher), Michael Flaig (Teacher), Austin Raines (Teacher), Edward Crabtree (Teacher), Diana Stonerock (Aide), Margaret Strickland (Aide), Michelle Mosley (Aide), and Angela Breech (Aide),
• Approved a resolution to authorize supplemental contracts for 2018-19, including Severe Behavior Handicapped, Hearing Impaired, Multi-Handicapped, Preschool Handicapped, SLP/Psychology Intern Supervisor, and also supplemental contract for 2018-19 for Karen Charles (E-Rate Coordinator),
• Approved a resolution to amend employee contract/salary for 2018-19, including Kay Larson (Home Visiting Supervisor), Carloyn Baker (Speech Therapist), Patricia Allen (ECE Aide), and Brianna Brewster (MD Teacher),
• Approved a resolution to adopt job description for Special Education Coordinator,
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel, including Josh Skeens (CAPE Aide), Jamie Hensley (Aide), Vickie Hall (School Health Care Worker), and Penny Potter (School Health Care Worker),
• Approved a resolution to renew unpaid leave of absence for Richard Throckmorton for the 2018-19 school year,
• Approved a resolution to authorize public hearing and notice intent to re-employ retiree Andrew Riehl (Treasurer); and,
• Approved a resolution to requesting Southern Ohio Academy wind-up direction from the State of Ohio.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC Business Center in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.