The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its regular board meeting on Sept. 13, 2018.
Among the actions taken by the board during its regular meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on Aug. 9, 2018,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds in the amount of $43,624.37,
• Approved a resolution to accept 21st Century Grant and supplemental contracts related for 2018-19, including Tom Hoggard, Shelly Stall, Neysa Riffe, Debbie Queen, and Brent Howard,
• Approved a resolution to adopt FY19 permanent budget/appropriations and estimated resources, including reported $16,874,548 in revenue and $14,239,567 total appropriations,
• Approved a resolution to adopt employee insurance program rates -- 2 percent increase on health and 6 percent increase on dental from the 2018 rate -- and authorized payment of a health insurance stipend to all full-time employees who opt-out of enrolling in health insurance,
• Approved a resolution to employee substitute employees for 2018-19, including teachers, teacher aides, MARCS teachers, MARCS aides, MARCS bus drivers, and college student workers,
• Accepted the resignations of Clay Massie, Jodie Barker, and Sarah Trador,
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel, including Donna Russell (MD Teacher),
• Approved a resolution to amend employee contract/salary for Ashley Hall (MD Teacher),
• Approved a resolution to authorize supplemental contracts for school psychologist re-evaluations at Wellston City School District during the 2018-19 school year, including Danette Hagans, Amanda Knight, Alexandria Mejia, Megan Midkiff, Deana Payton, Ken Smith, and Carrie Kyne; and,
• Approved a resolution to approve disability retirement of Richard Throckmorton (ED Aide).
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC Business Center in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.