ESC Governing Board August meeting
The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its regular board meeting on Aug. 10, 2017.
Among the actions taken by the board:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on July 17, 2017,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds in the amount of $23,319,90 from the general to various funds,
• Approved a resolution to authorize attendance at OSBA Capital Conference, in Columbus, Ohio, on Nov. 12-14, 2017,
• Accepted the resignations of Sarah Bock (school psychologist, effective July 24, 2017), Tracy Orlowski-Brannan (aide-PA, effective at the end of 2016-17 contract), Frelina Adams (MD aide, effective end of 2016-17 contract), Jennifer Dillard (PTA, effective end of 2016-17 contract), and Jarod Smith (aide-PA, effective end of 2016-17 contract),
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees for 2017-18,
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel for Fiscal Year 2018 Aspire Program, including William Seaman as director, and teachers Paula Baumgardner, Michael Flaig, Diana Marsh, Jackie Scott, Edward Crabtree, and Kevin Lloyd, and aides Diana Stonerock and Margaret Strickland,
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel, including Jordan Dailey (OTA), Amanda Fraley (ED aide), Danette Hagans (school psychologist), Debbie Queen (school improvement coordinator), Catilyn Massie (OTA), and Amy Heimbach (assistant treasurer),
• Approved a resolution to authorize supplemental contracts for 2017-18, for building-level administration/supervision of cooperative programs housed in the local school districts. Funding includes $2,000 each to Severe Behavior Handicapped, Hearing Impaired, Multi-Handicapped, and Preschool Handicapped programs, as well as a supplemental contract for 2017-18 for Karen Charles (e-rate coordinator); and,
• Approved a resolution to amend employee contracts for 2017-18, including Paula Baumgardner (Aspire coordinator), Pat Ciraso (SOA executive director), Michael Rawlins (preschool aide), and Sharilyn Miller (MD aide).
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.