ESC Governing Board September meeting notes
The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its regular board meeting on Sept. 14, 2017.
Among the actions taken by the board:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on Aug. 10, 2017,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds,
• Approved a resolution to adopt FY18 permanent budget/appropriations and estimated resources. The board reported $16,468,834 estimated revenue and $13,371,068 estimated appropriations,
• Approved a resolution to adopt employee insurance program rates for 2018,
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees for 2017-18, including teachers ($80 per day) Mary Baughman, Andrew Bugg, Christina Craft, Sandra Belford, Julianne Rase, Lucile Partlow, Lori Veach, Sharon Redoutey, Timothy Shamburger, Bria Reed, Karen Thronton, Donna Russell, Heather Payne, Mary McGraw-Stewart, Courtney Powell, Susan Opper, Guinevere Mercer, Nathan Powell, and Donald Bennett; and teacher-aides ($61 per day) Christina Brown, Lakin Pendleton, Lyvette Mosley, Amy Beckett, Cynthia Miller, Kendra Caldwell, Jane Duncan, and Derek Moore,
• Accepted the resignation of Dawn Wallace, curriculum supervisor, effective Aug. 16, 2016,
• Adopted a resolution to employ personnel, including Kathy Arnett (ECIS/Itinerate), Eddie Davis (aide PA), Kay Gibson (SOA special education coordinator), Jacueline Hickman (curriculum supervisor), Jeanie Monteith (aide PA), Brandy Mullins (aide PA), and Alanna Reisinger (physical therapist),
• Approved a resolution to adopt custodial and CAPE teacher evaluation instruments, and lead curriculum supervisor job descriptions,
• Approved a resolution to amend the contract of Tammy Hambrick from curriculum supervisor to lead curriculum supervisor; and,
• Approved a resolution to authorize and direct the treasurer to refund $15,731.13 to Southern Ohio Academy (SOA) for services rendered by the South Central Ohio ESC in July and August 2017.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.