The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its regular board meeting on March 8, 2018.
Among the actions taken by the
board during its regular meeting:
• Approved the agenda,The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
• Approved the minutes of the organizational meeting and regular meeting on Jan. 24, 2018,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds,
• Approved a resolution to authorize participation in Ohio School Comp BWC Group Rate Plan for 2019,
• Approved a resolution to approve central calendar for 2018-19,
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees, including teachers Melissa Adams, Courtney Golden, Marissa McCormick, Ronald Moniger, Anita Jane Samusson, and Adrian Taylor; and teacher aides Melissa Adams, Pamela Bayless, Angela Breech, Brittany Gray, Kellie Hayden, Lori Katsanes, Polly Kennison, Destinie Munyon, Eugenio Perez, Heather Runions, Crystal Tackett, Justin Vetter, and Zanita Watts; Aspire teacher Bev Stearns, and Aspire employee Angie Breech,
• Approved a resolution to amend job description for pre-school special education teacher and create evaluation instrument for preschool itinerate teacher,
• Approved a resolution to authorize re-employment of supervisory personnel Melinda Davis, Carrie Kyne, Sharee Price, and Ken Smith,
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel, including Jordan Langley (aide PA) and Heather Runions (aide PA),
• Approved a resolution to approve cooperative program contracts for Fiscal Year 2019, including low incidence, speech, psychology, hearing impaired, pre-school, and Regional Direct Services,
• Approved a resolution to authorize the awarding of the Franklin B. Walters ESC Scholarship for 2017-18,
• Approved a resolution to approve agreement with Manchester Local Schools to provide fiscal services,
• Approved a resolution to employ Karen Ballengee as fiscal consultant,
• Approved a resolution to amend the contract of Andrew Riehl, to become the treasurer of Manchester Local Schools,
• Approved a resolution to adopt school psychologist pay scale for Fiscal Year 2019.