The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its regular monthly board meeting on May 9, 2019.
Among the actions taken during the meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting held on April 10, 2019,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds in the amount of $3,412.73,
• Approved a resolution to authorize liability and property insurance carrier for FY20,
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees for 2018-19, including sub secretary Mary Ellen Lightenheimer,
• Accepted the resignations of Derek Massie (MD teacher) and Derron Yoakum (aide PA),
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel, including Brianne Bowman (MD teacher), Misty Scaggs (aide PA), Alexandra Hoggard (occupational therapist), Heidi Creamer (school psychologist),
• Approved a resolution to accept summer intern grants from the Scioto Area Foundation and interns Paige Howard and Kaysea Adams,
• Approved a resolution to authorize service agreements for FY20 with Manchester Local Schools (preschool handicapped and ECE, special education); Bloom-Vernon, Clay, Green, Jackson, Manchester, New Boston, Northwest, Washington-Nile, Valley, Wellston, and Wheelersburg (school psychology); Wellston and Jackson (occupational therapy); Jackson (speech); Portsmouth (attendance, preschool handicapped OT); all Scioto County schools (talented and gifted program, resident educator); Oak Hill Union (ED special education, ISS intervention, and hearing impaired); Jackson County DD (speech); Scioto County DD (school age speech and preschool OT); Lewis County, Ky. (hearing impaired); Eastern Pike, Scioto Valley, Waverly, Western, Chesapeake, Dawson Bryant, Fairland, Iron, Rock Hill, South Point, Symmes Valley, Boom Vernon, Clay, Green, Minford, New Boston, Northwest, Portsmouth, Valley, Washington-Nile, Wheelersburg, Adena, Huntington-Ross, Paint Valley, Southern Ross, Unioto, and Zane Trace (regional cooperative program); Clay, Green, Minford, Northwest, Paint Valley, Sciotoville, Washington-Nile, and Wheelersburg (personal aide); Fairland (preschool handicapped and ECE); STEM and M School (special education); Sciotoville (special education); and Westfall, Chillicothe, Ross County DD, Logan Elm, Circleville, and Vinton County (vision and audiology),
• Approved a resolution to change the June 2019 meeting to June 27, at 1 p.m., at the SCOESC Business Center; and,
• Approved a resolution to approve an unpaid leave of absence.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC Business Center in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.