ESC Governing Board June Notes
Published on July 19, 2016
The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for regular board meeting on June 30, 2016.
Among the actions taken by the board during meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on May 12, 2016,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Authorized the advance and/or transfer of funds,
• Adopted governing board bylaws and policy,
• Authorized superintendent and treasurer to release Clay Local School District from the Speech Language and Pathology portion of their service contract for the 2016-17 contract year, per the request of Clay superintendent and school board,
• Authorized Trident/Argonaut Insurance Company as the liability and property insurance carrier for fiscal year 2017,
• Amended the budget/appropriations and estimated resources for the period of July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016, as recommended by the treasurer and superintendent,
• Adopted a temporary budget/appropriations and estimated resources for the period of July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2017, as recommended by the treasurer and superintendent,
• Accepted the School Psychology Intern Grant for fiscal year 2017,
• Accepted resignations from Melanie Asbury (speech therapist), Jason Mcilhenny (maintenance supervisor Green Local Schools), Kathy Paccanaro (MD aide), Cassie Stevens (MD teacher), Kari Venturino-Smith (MD teacher), and Erica Welch (preschool handicap teacher),
• Amended employment contracts for Laurie Blair, Keenan Brush, Kandis Jenkins, Kay Larson, and Laura Nichol,
• Adopted job descriptions as presented by the personnel committee and superintendent,
• Adopted all ESC salary schedules as presented, representing a 2.5 percent change in base salary on all schedules from 2015-16,
• Set its administrative salaries; and,
• Authorized the employment of Megan Basford (family intervention specialist Manchester), Kristy Belford (ED teacher), Hannah Blackburn (MD teacher), Andrea Cline (college/career pathway teacher), Leicia Davis (OTA), Donna Howard (MD teacher), Tiffany Langley (MD aide), Rebecca Wheelersburg (FCFC coordinator).
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook and Twitter.