The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for an organizational and regular board meeting on Jan. 14, 2016.
Among the actions taken by the board during the organizational meeting:
• Elected Paul Crabtree Board President for 2016,
• Elected Gary Piatt Board Vice President for 2016,
• Set regular Board meeting schedule, to be held on the second Thursday of each month at 1 p.m., at the South Central Ohio ESC in New Boston,
• Set compensation for members of the Governing Board at the maximum allowable rate as determined by the Ohio Revised Code. Further, the Board authorized mileage reimbursement at the established Board approved rate for all meetings. Further, the board authorized that all Ohio School Board Association and Southeast Region OSBA meetings be approved board training programs for 2016; and,
• Appointed members of the Audit and Finance Committee, Personnel and Performance Committee, Governance Committee, OSBA Delegate and Alternative, and OSBA Legislative Liaison and Alternative.
Among the actions taken by the board during the regular board meeting:
• Approved the amended agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular Dec. 10, 2015, meeting,
• Authorized the use of a consent agenda, where applicable, for 2016,
• Authorized renewal of professional memberships for the superintendent, assistant superintendent, treasurer, and the SCOESC organization for 2016,
• Approved a resolution to delegate authority to the treasurer for 2016,
• Approved a resolution to delegate authority to the superintendent for 2016,
• Approved a resolution to set the mileage reimbursement rate for 2016 at .50 cents per mile,
• Authorized fund advances and/or transfer of funds,
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees for 2015-16,
• Authorized the employment of personnel,
• Approved a resolution to amend contract of Allison Riggs, Speech Therapist,
• Approved a resolution to declare urgent necessity and authorize contract for boiler replacement,
• Entered into executive session for the purpose of conducting the evaluation of the superintendent/treasurer and discussing appointment/compensation of a public employee; and,
• Accepted the resignation of Amy Payne, Personal Aide.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets on the second Thursday of each month in Conference Room A of the ESC in New Boston. Members are Arnold McCoy, Mike Canter, Gary Piatt, Fred Edgington, Paul Crabtree, and Lisle Dill. Longtime board member Raymond Belcher passed away on Jan. 9.
The next regular meeting will be Feb. 4, 2016.
For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook and Twitter.